Compact card reader SIP video door phone R20A
Install a simple video door phone with a card reader for your building.
Premium audio and video quality, 116° wide-angle 2MP camera with automatic lighting, Support NFC, 13.56MHz and 125kHz access cards, Ideal for environments with limited space.
- Technical specifications
Why should you choose the Akuvox R20A?
How can you secure your apartment building?Just install an Akuvox R20A. It includes;
- Vandal-resistant body, with a flush button
- Wide-angle camera: 120° (H), 64° (V)
- PoE (IEEE802.3af, Power-over-Ethernet)
- Two-way audio communication over IP networks with Echo Cancel feature
- Complies with SIP standard for easy integration in every SIP capable PBXes
- Complies with ONVIF standard for easy integration with any network surveillance system
What do the specifications included in the door phone mean?
Card readerThe card reader will allow a user to unlock the door or gate by using a keyfob or access control card.
SIP ProtocolThe SIP protocol is a well-known protocol to transport audio and video streams over a network or Internet between different devices or applications.
Video door phoneThe video door phone is a device to identify somebody willing to enter a property, like an apartment building.
Power over Ethernet / PoESome routers, switches, or stand-alone devices can deliver electricity over the network cable. That avoids the necessity to run electrical wiring and brings money and time savings.
How can you live without a LED display keypad SIP Video Door phone?
How do you secure your apartment building?You aren’t always available. You could be working, doing groceries, sleeping, having fun, relaxing, or anything else. You would need a concierge to identify and evaluate every single person willing to enter your building. That could prevent burglars, muggers, door-to-door salesmen, or any other unsolicited person.
How do you get to know who is really in front of the door?Sometimes you just don’t want to wake up, get out of your place, or just meet anyone. But how do you avoid unsolicited persons if you don’t go and see them by yourself?
How to answer someone ringing at your door if you are out for groceries or at work?
With a traditional intercom, it is difficult to know who is speaking effectively. Is he a real UPS delivery man? It would be nice to see you.
What happens when you forget your keys? Or if you invited someone but you’re not available?You or your guests get stuck outside, waiting for somebody to open the door. You can also bother different neighbors to help you and open the door.
What are the options of analog door phones?
Do you remember how life was before smartphones? A mix of mechanics and electrical interaction to be able to communicate with a single person on the other side. Today installed door phones are still the same technologies for decades, making them difficult or impossible to connect to smartphones, computers, or the cloud.
Did you know how many property crime violations occurred in Canada in 2017?
- Breaking and entering 438.51
- Theft of motor vehicle 231.61
- Theft over $5,000 47.01
- Theft under $5,000 570.17
- Mischief 713.84
- Total property crime violations 3244.76
*Number of reported crimes per 100,000 population.
Census population: 35,151,728
Source: Incident-based crime statistics, by detailed violations // Statistics Canada
Why do you need a LED display keypad SIP Video Door phone R20A?
The card reader will identify the user and open the door in a microsecond
With a key fob, an RFID access control card, or even a Smartphone with NFC, you can identify any registered occupant of the building. The system will then automatically unlock the strike of the door to let the user come in.
Connected to the Cloud, the R20A door phone makes it easy to manage and communicate
Thanks to the SIP protocol and the computer-style technology, this door intercom can communicate on a computer network and enjoy all the digital options. The Cloud centralizes all the different door phones and door stations in one place so the manager can monitor, set up, and operate from anywhere.
Have a video call with your guests
What seems like a standard and simple feature is still quite new to the intercom market. However, a video call is much more convenient for identifying your guests and for sharing any visual communication than a simple audio call. Depending on your station, the guests could see you too or not. And thanks to computer technology, as new individual video doorbells, you will be able to perform this live video call from anywhere, as far as you are connected on the Internet.
What are the technical specifications of the Akuvox R20A?
Physical and power
- Front panel: Aluminum alloy
- Camera: 3M pixels, automatic lighting
- Button: 1 call button
- Light sensor: Support
- Infrared sensor: Support
- Wiegand port: Support
- RF card reader: 13.56MHz & 125kHz
- Relays out: 2
- Inputs: 2
- Microphone: -40dB
- Speaker: 4Ω / 3W
- Ethernet port: RJ45, 10/100Mbps adaptive
- 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet
- 12V DC connector (if not using PoE)
- Water-proof & Dust-proof: IP65
- Installation: Flush-mounted or Wall-mounted
- Flush-mounted DIM: 189x120x56.5mm
- Wall-mounted DIM: 145x85x27.5mm
- Working Humidity: 10~90%
- Working Temperature: -20°C ~ +65°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ +70°C
- SIP v1 (RFC2543), SIP v2 (RFC3261)
- Narrowband audio codec: G.711a, G.711μ, G.729
- Broadband audio codec: G.722
- DTMF: In-band, out-of-band DTMF (RFC2833), SIP Info
- Echo Cancellation
- Voice Activation Detection
- Comfort Noise Generator
- Sensor: 1/3”, CMOS
- Pixels: CIF, QCIF, VGA, 4CIF, 720p
- Video codec: H.264
- Video resolution: up to 1280x720p
- Max. image transfer rate: 720p – 30fps
- Viewing angle: 120°(H) / 64°(V)
- High-intensity IR LEDs for picture lighting during dark hours with internal light sensor
- Compatible with 3rd-Party-Video components, e.g. NVRs
Door entry feature
- Relays controlled individually by DTMF tones
- Camera permanently operational
- Auto-night mode with LED illumination
- White balance: auto
- Minimum illumination: 0.1LUX
Protocols support: IPv4, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, DNS, NTP, RTSP, RTP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DHCP, ARP
Deployment and maintenance
- Web management portal
- Web-based packet dump
- Configuration backup / restore
- Entry log export
- Access table export / import
- Firmware upgrade
- System logs (include door access logs)
Office door phone with on-site or hosted IP-PBX
Remote site entry over the Internet
Apartment/flat intercom with door access control
The Akuvox R20A can be managed from the cloud, a computer, and a smartphone
Managed from the cloud
Akuvox SmartPlus, a smart cloud-based intercom service, allows Akuvox's intercom and access control devices to link, communicate, and interact intelligently with one another without any geographical restrictions, making buildings smarter and securer.
- Mobility : intercom and building access anywhere, anytime
- Flexibility : remote provisioning and maintenance for any scale of systems
- Stability : 24/7 self-monitoring with >1 million monitoring tests per month at a 99.99% success rate
- Security : triple data backup mechanism ensuring 99.999% data reliability
A property management web portal
The web-based property access management portal of Akuvox SmartPlus offers a bunch of remote-working features that greatly enhance building operation efficiency.
- Manage all properties of multiple sites from a single interface
- Access to time- and date- stamped photos of all door entries
- Assign time-limited PINs to delivery or service people
- Easy posting of community announcements
- Easy integration with existing building systems
The Akuvox ACMS
PC-based Access Control Management System for Small and Medium Businesses.
- Staff information management
- Device management
- Access control management
- Access to detailed access logs
The Akuvox SDMC
On-premise Software for Community-wide Intercom System Management
- Batch deployment of devices automatically
- Real-time video monitoring
- Access control management
- Messaging and ad pushing
The Akuvox Sight
PC-based Intercom Software for Akuvox Intercoms
- Multi-screen intercom video monitoring
- Remote door unlocking
- Audio or video call
The Akuvox Vfone
SIP Softphone App for Intercoms
- Audio or video call
- Remote door unlocking
- Offline push notification
- Compatible with mainstream SIP servers
The Akuvox PC Manager
PC-based Management Software for Intercom Configuration
- Automatic search and connection of intercom devices
- Addition, modification, and deletion of intercom configuration
- Batch intercom configuration and software upgrading
The Akuvox R20A works with global technology partners
In collaboration with renowned partners, Akuvox creates intelligent intercom and access control solutions that meet the ever-increasing needs for security and convenience of our customers.
- Snap av
- iRidium mobile
- Aare net
Video management system
- Network Optix
Frequently Asked Questions for the Akuvox R20A
Can we connect the door-phone to a smartphone?
Yes, you can. A mobile application has been developed for Android and iOS.
Can we control an elevator with the door-phone?
Yes, you can. That will bring the option to automatically call the elevator when somebody is identified. Even to pre-select his level.
I am a developer, can I develop a custom application connected to the door-phone?
Yes, you can. The API is available for any authorized developer.
How secure is the Akuvox R20A?
That door intercom is really secured. Based on Linux, the data and network is encrypted all the way up to your devices.
How does the R20A compare to the competition?
Akuvox is one of the world's leading manufacturers of door phones. The R20A brings a bunch of features for a fraction of the price of the competition.
Can we get notifications and see the person ringing on our smartphone?
Yes, you can. The video door phone connects to any authenticated smartphone through our mobile apps.
How long does it take to install such a door phone?
Considering that we have it in stock and that the installer is ready, that could be installed within 48 to 96 hours at your place.